Today it’s all about MAC eyeshadows, which are actually responsible for sparking my first interest/obsession with makeup. I was going to do my top five, but I couldn’t narrow it down, so instead I’m going to break it down into two categories: The five you absolutely need and the extra five it would be nice to have.
1. Shroom– A soft beige (Satin) — This is the perfect inner-corner and brow-bone highlight, not too shimmery and could even be worn all over the lid on a simple makeup day.
2. All That Glitters– A nice shimmery champagne (Veluxe Pearl) — This is one of the most beautiful colors I own. Veluxe Pearl is my favorite finish because all you need to do is take the shadow all over your eyelid and it looks like you’ve done a lot more work than you have.
3. Soft Brown– A warm golden peachy brown (Matte) — Soft brown is such a beautiful color, it’s the absolute perfect warm crease/transition shadow.
4. Woodwinked– A warm antiqued gold (Veluxe Pearl) — I absolutely love this shadow and tend to wear it on it’s own all over the lid. A great one for summer!
5. Twinks– A deep plum-pearl (Veluxe Pearl) — A great one to wear smudged on the lower lash line and/or in the outer-corner or all over the lid. Brings a bit of color and makes my hazel eyes look more green. I wear it all year long, but it’s especially great for Fall too.
1. Naked Lunch– Slight nude pink shimmer (Frost) — I really like this for a no-makeup look, as it’s super subtle but still adds a little something. It’s also a great one to use if you want to add a little liquid liner or a cat-flick.
2. Patina– Golden taupe-brown w/pearl (Frost) — This is an unexpected love of mine. It’s a super beautiful color which shows up warm-toned on me, but cool on others, so it’s definitely one to swatch first. Again, this is subtle and great when you want something a little more everyday wearable.
3. Satin Taupe– A purple/silver taupe (Frost) — I don’t wear this one as much as I should, but I still really love it. It’s versatile and can be worn pretty much any way you want, smudged on the lower lash line, all over the lid, in the outer-corner, or even in the crease. It’s a great all-rounder.
4. Antiqued– A brown copper bronze (Veluxe Pearl) — This one is great for fall, but I’m also going to be breaking it out this spring/summer as copper eyes are going to be in.
5. Smut– A brown grey/black (Velvet) — I just really love everything about this shadow. It’s prefect for giving your eyes a little bit of definition or to do a warm smokey eye, because it’s not too dramatic and much more wearable than black.
I plan on visiting a MAC store when we’re stateside (in just over 2 weeks now!!!), so I’ll no doubt be picking up another eyeshadow or two. On my radar: Omega, Amber Lights, and Texture.
Have you tried any of these? Do you have any recommendations for me to check out?
P.s. I know the M in the first picture actually has 13 shadows, but I needed more to make a nice M 😛