It never fails when a new product launches, you will see it featured simultaneously on several blogs and YouTube channels, so it’s hard to know if the product is really that good or if it’s just being hyped up. I myself am guilty of buying into the hype a few times — Benefit POREfessional Agent Zero Shine Vanishing Powder, I’m looking at you! So today I thought I’d focus on a few products which I can wholeheartedly confirm are definitely worth the hype.
1. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle $30 – This is hands-down one of the most beautiful highlighters I’ve ever seen. It’s a peachy-bronze that gives a beautiful “glowing from within” look without being too glittery or emphasizing my pores. I use it all year long, but it looks especially nice in the summer when you have a bit of a tan. You can see it in action here if you’re interested.
2. L’Oreal Youth Code Texture Perfector Serum $20 – I admit I originally saw this on one of Nicole Guerriero’s Monthly Favorites video, and she sold me hook, line, and sinker before I could even look it up. Thankfully the usual research I do before purchasing a product wasn’t necessary and this turned out to be a drugstore gem. It does exactly what it says it will (tighten pores & even out skin texture) and goes on super smooth and feels nice too. If you want all the details, you can find my full review here.
3. Glam Glow Super-Mud Clearing Treatment Mud Mask $40-$69 – I originally purchased this when I was going through a bit of a fright-night episode with my skin. I was breaking out like a 13-year-old and I was feeling really terrible and desperate about it. Then this magic mask came into my life and completely changed it. It does an amazing job of tightening your pores, drying up existing breakouts, helping diminish hyper-pigmentation, and gets rids of blackheads too! It’s amazing because it can be used as a full on mask or as a spot treatment, so it can last ages depending on how you use it. I know this is super duper expensive if you buy it straight from a proper store like Sephora, but I always order it through Amazon and I’ve never paid more than $40 for it. This was also one of the first products I ever reviewed on this little blog. You can find it here.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder $45 – I have been obsessed with the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light for about a year now and don’t know what I would do without it. Yes it’s expensive, but I use it pretty much daily and you can only see a little dent in the product, so you definitely get your money’s worth.
5. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush $35 – The same goes for the latest Hourglass release in Dim Infusion. True, I’ve only had this for about two weeks…but I have not stopped using it since I got it! It’s just the most-beautiful color and melts into your skin like a dream, leaving you with a natural glowing flush. You can see it in action here. Obsessed doesn’t cover what I feel for this, and even though I know I shouldn’t, I’m going to go and swatch the rest in person. I have my eye on Mood Exposure… I’ll try to be good, but I can’t make any promises that I won’t give in and buy another one.
6. Urban Decay Naked 3 $52 – This is the first proper Naked palette I bought. Crazy I know, but I was really into my MAC shadows and had a hard time believing anything could compete with them. Then NAKED 3 came along and since I’m pretty obsessed with rose-gold things,I caved and boy am I glad that I did. The formula is everything you could ever want from an eyeshadow and the rosy undertones complement my hazel eyes so well — yeah, it’s pretty incredible and will flatter everyone. You can find a simple every day look I did with it here.
Have you tried any of these? What do you think?