Unlike at the end of other months, I’m not sad or lamenting how fast the time is going. I am actually super excited it’s September! Yes, it means summer is pretty much over but I’m pretty OK with that! Now before you start thinking I’ve gone bananas, the reason I’m so excited is because I’m going back to the States at the end of the month to visit my friends and family!! On top of that, it’ll be the first time in two years that I’ve been in Fall weather! Bring on the pumpkin, apple cider, scarves, boots, and sweaters!!!
Oh yeah, did I mention I’m excited?
Seriously though, I did enjoy August and found myself reaching for a few certain things more than others. Here’s the rundown of what I’ve been loving all month long and why:
1. L’Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Lip Color in Nude Ballet – This is such a unique feeling product and I absolutely love the color! It looks so effortless and I’ve been using it pretty much every day. I might even pick up a backup of this! Love it–so good.
2. STILA In the Light Palette – I have way too many neutral palettes, so take it from me when I say this is one worth checking out. It’s just got a really nice selection of shades, as well as Kitten which is the cult status shade they’re known for. The formula is super buttery, blendable, and pigmented. I’m starting to make a mental list of the makeup I want to take with me to the States and this palette is definitely high up on that list.
3. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster – I got this is a trial size trio and was really pleasantly surprised by it. It was the first thing I wanted to try out and I really like that it has Vitamin C which helps protect your skin from sun damage. So I’ve been putting this on in the morning and I’m almost through with the whole bottle.
4. REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask – REN is another one of my favorite skincare brands. They do amazing products and this mask is frickin’ awesome. I usually use a clay mask once or twice a week (more if my skin is really congested), and I really like that this one focusing on reducing the appearance of pores. It’s not really a nice subject, but since I have oily combo skin, I need to reduce the appearance of mine and this one does a great job of that.
5. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Stereo Rose – This is one I’m sure you’ve heard about. Truthfully I can only get away with it in the hot summer months where I use it as a blush/highlighter hybrid, so I’ve been absolutely loving getting some use out of it lately.
Have you tried any of these?