Hey guys! I’m back today with of my favorite posts to write, read and watch — oh yeah, it’s monthly favorites time! I know I’ve been MIA for a while– I’ve been really busy with work and I was away for 3 weeks visiting friends and family in the States… but I’m back now and I’ve got some posts planned and in the works, so no worries. For now, here’s what I really really loved in October!
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12- Hour Blush in Exposed – These blushes are just amazing the way it is– long lasting, matte, super pigmented– but there’s something extra special about Exposed that makes it the absolute perfect subtle blush that goes with every look you can dream of. I can just reach for it on a daily basis without having to worry about it and it’s the one I took back with me to use in the States.
2. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown – I finally got my mitts on this and I can see what all the fuss is about. I don’t normally do too much to my brows on an every day basis, but I do like to give them a little comb through and a bit of defining. The spoolie on this is maybe the best I’ve every come across and the pencil is slightly waxy, so it keeps everything in place, and petite enough to look realistic.
3. The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur Primer – If a primer promises to blur imperfections and reduce the appearance of pores, I’ve probably tried it. I hadn’t heard anything about this product, but decided to buy it anyway since it got good early reviews on their website. So far, I really like it! I’ve been using it every single day, but now that I’m back in the DR with the higher temperatures, I’ll have to see how it holds up. I’ll keep you updated on how well it does.
4. Tarte Gifted Mascara – I picked up this little mini mascara to test out when I was in Sephora. It does an incredible job at lengthening and separating while giving a little touch of volume. It looks really nice and natural and I absolutely love it!
5. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 02 Fair Matte – Is it considered weird to still be using bronzer in October and beyond? Don’t forget I live in the Dominican Republic and it’s hot and sunny 353 days out of the year. I’ve also wanted to try this bronzer for ages after hearing Estee from essiebutton and Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup rave about it– and let me tell you, they weren’t wrong! This is a lovely, subtle, matte bronzer that has quickly become of my all time favorites.
6. Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner – I picked this up because Claire Marshall from HeyClaire recommended it. I had been looking for a good chemical exfoliating toner, so when she said this one was good, I didn’t even hesitate before popping it into my basket. I think I might end up doing a full post on this, so keep an eye out for that if you’re interested. For now, just know that it’s amazing.
What’s your favorite product lately?
– Deb xx