Today’s post is about the products I keep reaching for every single day. They’re more than just favorites, they’re the ones that I hardly ever change in my routine. When you have as much makeup as I do, which is admittedly too much, it’s kind of a big deal when you have products that have a permanent place in your daily makeup routine. Keep reading to find out what makes them so special, and how I like to use them.
1. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light – This is the first powder I ever fell in love with and it’s the one I use every single day as a setting powder. Nothing seems to give my skin that glowy photo-shopped appearance like this one. I did one of my first reviews ever on this, so you can check it out here if you’re interested.
2. NARS Creamy Concealer in Vanilla – Is there any other concealer that’s talked about more than this one? I’ve never heard one person talk badly about this product. Honestly, it’s hyped up for a reason– it’s super creamy, easy to blend, highly pigmented, and works beautifully on both blemishes and your under eye circles. It’s without a doubt my favorite concealer ever.
3. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown – This spot used to belong to the Benefit Gimme Brow, but since picking up this little wonder, I haven’t looked back. Don’t get me wrong, I still love Gimme Brow and would recommend it for quick in a hurry makeup, but this lets me have more control of how I want my brows to look on a day to day basis. The spoolie is the best I’ve ever used, I don’t know why, but it just is. The color is perfectly toned for my eyebrows and is so small it makes filling them in super easy and leaves them looking nice, never overdone. Definitely check this one out, it’s 100% worth it.
4. NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base – I have annoyingly oily eyelids, so if I don’t use a primer, putting on eye shadow of any kind is a waste of time because it creases and seems to disappear in no time at all. With that being said, I’ve tried quite a few different eye shadow primers and this is hands down the best. Nothing seems to work quite as well as this one, so it’s the one I always reach for and never have to worry about. I did a review on this ages ago, you can find all the details here.
5. Urban Decay NAKED Basics Palette – This was my first NAKED palette purchase and hands down my most-used to this day. I guess it lives up to it’s name, because I use this one every single day. I use Venus to highlight my inner corner and brow bone, a mix of Foxy and W.O.S. all over my lids to cancel out any veins and to make blending my shadows a whole lot easier, Naked 2 in my crease or mixed with Faint in my brows, Faint on my lower lash line, and Crave if I ever need to smoke out or deepen up a look. It’s so handy to have, and one I certainly can’t do without. Check here for a full review and swatches.
What are your products that never change?
Happy Friday everyone!!