I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! It was really nice to be home this year and to be able to spend time with our friends, family, and to exchange presents in person! I got a few things I’m really excited about and which will undoubtedly be making an appearance on here over the next few weeks. For this past month’s favorites, I found myself reaching for some old favorites that are perfect for this time of year. Here’s what I loved this month and why.
1. Urban Decay NAKED Palette – It goes without saying that this is one of my favorite palettes ever. It’s the one I brought with me in my travel makeup bag, and I’ve been using Half Baked pretty much every day since it’s the perfect goldy shade that is again, easy to wear and perfect for Christmastime.
2. by Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock – This is perhaps the single most expensive eyeshadow I have, but it’s an incredible formula and I did get it in a sale. I have been wearing this off and on all year, but since it’s got a nice glitter in it, I’ve been using it quite a bit this month. It’s a beautiful pink/purple shade that is easy to wear and doesn’t budge one bit.
3. MAC Lipstick in Syrup – This is a nice “cloudy pink” with a hint of purple that is one of my all time favorite MAC lipsticks. I’ve been opting for this instead of a classic red lip because I feel it’s a lot more wearable and I don’t have to worry about it smearing all of my face with all the eating and drinking I’ve been doing all month!
4. Benefit Rockateur Blush – This is one of my favorite blushes I own. It’s an absolutely beautiful soft pink shade that goes with basically any makeup and doubles up as a nice highlighter too. I just think it’s really pretty, but especially perfect for this time of year. I did a full review of this here if you’re interested.
5. L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara – The original forumla is maybe my all time favorite mascara, but this one is really great too. It gives my lashes a lot of volume and because it’s super black, it gives that little extra drama I’m looking for around the Holiday Season.
What have you loved this month?
– Deb xx