January was a crazy month. Thanks to Christmas and a Stateside haul, this month was also full of using and falling in-love with amazing new things. These are all so great, I had absolutely no problem picking out this round of Monthly Favorites.
1. Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer – If something says “Pore Minimizing,” I’m pretty much sold. That coupled with rave reviews and recognition from Allure, means that it’s going to be mine. That was the case with this ,and although I haven’t been able to properly test out if it stands up to humidity (it’s thankfully no too hot or humid right now, I really really like the way this smooths out my complexion and helps my makeup stay put all day. We’ll see how it performs once it starts heating up here, but for now, I absolutely love it.
2. GLAMGLOW SuperCleanse Daily Cleanser – I’m sure you all know how much I love the GLAMGLOW Clearing Treatment Mask, right? So it should come as no surprise that I picked this up as soon as I saw it on Sephora. I haven’t had it long enough to give it a proper test, but I already love it after just a few uses. Keep an eye out for a full review to come on this soon.
3. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black mini rollerball – I love both the black and white scents, but I’ve been reaching for the black one more this past month. It’s sultry and reminds me a lot of Tom Ford Black Orchid, which I had ages ago, only this scent is a little softer and dare I say more wearable? I think this might even be one of my new perfumes!
4. & 5. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Iberico and Satin Lip Pencil in Descanso – I mentioned that my amazing friend surprised me with the NARS Digital Word Lip Pencil Coffret for Christmas, and every time I use one, I am so thankful that she did. These are amazing. They’re super pigmented, long wearing, and lovely. I love them all, but I have been reaching for Iberico (a bright orange/coral) and Descanso (tea rose).
6. Essie “In Stitches” – I surprised myself by picking out this color to buy in the first place, and I’ve surprised myself even more to realize how much I really love this color. I’m kind of obsessed with it actually, and I’ve worn it on my nails exclusively since I bought it about a month ago. I think that because it’s bright, but kind of muted, it’s just so perfect to brighten things up this time of year. It’s one of those shades that makes me happy when I look at my nails. Do you know what I mean?
Have you tried any of these? What are your recent favorites?
I hope everyone has an amazing week!