I know everyone always comments on how they can’t believe how fast the month went, and while I agree that April went by fast, I’m more disturbed about the fact that May is just a few days away. Wasn’t it just the Holidays and the New Year? How is it that we are already close to being half-way through with 2015? I don’t know how to slow things down so it doesn’t feel like time is blurring by, but if anyone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them!
OK, rant aside, today’s post is about all the products I’ve been loving this past month and what makes them so great.
1. Colour Pop Super Shock Shadows in Desert and La La – I finally placed an order with Colour Pop after hearing everyone in the world rave about how amazing their eye shadows and lippies were. I’ve only been able to test out the eye shadows so far, but I can’t believe how amazing and unusual they are! My favorite shades at the moment are Desert which is a lovely warm saddle brown and La La which is of course a beautiful metallic rose gold. You can see in the picture the indentations made by my fingers in the pot, and that’s because they’re the most unusual soft texture. I’m thinking of doing a dedicated review post to these, so please let me know if you’re interested.
2. Yes To Coconuts Lip Balm – This is by far my new favorite lip balm. If you like coconut this is the one for you! I also love coconut oil, and this is like straight up coconut oil lip balm so it’s super hydrating and moisturizing while smelling good enough to eat.
3. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream in 02 Vanilla – This is what I’ve been using every single day since I picked it up. It’s does a beautiful job of evening out my skin and blends in without any problems at all. It has a nice dewy finish and you can feel it hydrating your skin as you apply it. I do need to use a concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes I might have, but I’m not complaining about that whatsoever. This stuff is great and I can’t recommend it highly enough if you’re looking for something light, hydrating, and beautiful.
4. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Pressed Powder – I mentioned in my haul post that I picked this one up on Claire Marshall’s (HeyClaire) recommendation, and I knew she wouldn’t let me down! This is unlike any other setting powder I have. I have some scarring left over from old breakout which has resulted in an uneven texture on my cheeks. I’ve been trying to use skincare product to help heal it and even out the texture as much as possible, but this powder makes it look even and I couldn’t be happier about that. I don’t think this one is the best if you’re super oily, but it works well enough for me. Also, since it is a white powder, I use a duo fiber powder brush to apply it which applies just enough and never gives that white cast look.
5. Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Torres Del Paine – This is just a beautiful peachy coral shade that is perfect for Spring and Summer. It’s not too bright and it’s easy to wear. I don’t think you can get this particular shade anymore, but Nars do a similar coral shade called Lodhi that’s in their permanent collection.
6. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Mascara – I used to use this one back in high school and I really liked it then, but at some point I decided to try a different mascara and forgot all about this one. When I was in Ulta last, I came across this again and decided to try it now to see if I would still like it. I think it’s really nice for natural make up days. It is really good at defining and lengthening as the name suggests and I think it’s a good one to use as we move into the Spring and Summer.
Have you tried any of these? What do you think?
Thanks for reading!