Wow, I can’t believe we’re already through the first week of July. Where the heck did the first half of 2015 go?? Summer has been going well so far, thankfully it’s not too offensively hot, hopefully it will stay that way.
I’ve got all new products in this monthly favorites roundup except for one and I’m really excited about them. Here’s what I’ve been loving so far this summer:
1. Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant in Bergamot + Lime – I know deodorant is a weird thing to talk about, let alone feature it in a favorites post, but I had to because this is amazing. I have a a long history with natural deodorants, and this one is by far the best I’ve tried in the past 10 years. I never heard of it but randomly found it on Amazon and it smells kind of like a mojito and it works.
2. Hourglass Ambient Bronzer in Luminous Bronze Light – So it’s no secret that I am a huge fan of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting products. When I saw they were coming out with bronzers, I was beyond excited to get my hands on it. I’m considering doing a full review on this, so I’ll just simply say that it’s really good and definitely worth it if you’re looking for some serious healthy tan glow.
3. Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya – The Revlon Lip Butters are amazing, they go on smooth and have such a wonderful texture. I always seems to bring this one out at this time of year as it’s super moisturizing and has such a great peachy coral color.
4. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster – I picked this up from Sephora and have been really enjoying it. It has a nice fresh citrus smell and my skin drinks it up. I use it in the morning and like that it’s helping to protect my skin during the day and fight any free radical damage that might be happening from sun exposure.
5. MAC Texture Eyeshadow – This is the latest MAC eyeshadow addition and quite possible one of my top 5 favorites. MAC describes this as a peachy brown with shimmer and I would agree with that but also want to know that it’s not very shimmery at all. It’s just an absolutely beautiful color that makes my hazel eyes pop green and I love it.
6. The Original Beautyblender – I’m probably the last person to try the beautyblender, but I’m super happy I finally did. It’s just perfect at getting my face makeup to look not like makeup at all. Does that make sense? It takes a little getting used to kind of bouncing it on your face, but it’s really easy to use and gives a phenomenal finish.
7. Benefit Roller Lash – I got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora and I’m so happy I did because I probably wouldn’t have tried this otherwise. I do usually curl my eyelashes with an eyelash curler, but when you use this brush, you can feel it grabbing onto your lashes and curling them too. It does a really amazing job of getting every single lash and gives the eyes a really lovely open or wide-eyed look. It doesn’t give any volume, so if that’s something you’re looking for you’ll have to look elsewhere or consider layering this with another mascara. In fact, Benefit suggests using this first and then layering it with They’re Real. I haven’t given it a try yet, but I will and I’ll let you know how it goes. I also want to mention that They’re Real transfers on me, and this one doesn’t- plus is not super hard to remove either.
8. Clinique Cheek Pop in Melon Pop – I mentioned how I wanted to pick up Peach Pop last year when these first launched, but couldn’t justify buying another blush at the time. When Melon Pop was released a few months ago, I didn’t hesitate for one second before adding it to my Sephora cart. It’s a beautiful bright peachy pink that blends seamlessly into the skin and is pretty much impossible to apply too much. This also may now be one of my top favorite blushes…and how frickin’ cute is the packaging?
Have you tried any of these? What do you think?