We’ve just returned to the Dominican Republic after a two and a half-ish visit to Pennsylvania that we spent visiting our friends & family, and enjoying everything Fall! Because I was traveling and didn’t have access to my normal skincare/makeup, I used the same makeup for the whole trip and I have to say, I didn’t hate it as much as I thought I would. I’ve gotten quite used to have a lot of choices, so at first it felt restricting only having a few things with me, but that feeling quickly changed to true appreciation for a handful of products. Here’s what I fell in love with this past month and why:
- CeraVe Eye Repair Cream – I picked this up on a whim a few month ago. I wanted to try some things from CeraVe and I’m still looking for an eye cream that’s “the one.” While I don’t think this particular one fits the bill, it’s actually really nice and super affordable.
2. NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Appia – This is a new product to me and it was seriously love at first use. I love the beautiful coppery-brown color of this and when they say long-wear, they mean it! I have been smudging this on my lower lash line and blending it out and it’s been my new favorite thing. I love that it’s wind-up, so you don’t have to worry about sharpening it, and it comes in a ton of colors. I highly recommend checking it out if you’re in the market for a pigmented long-wearing eyeliner.
3. MAC Quad with All That Glitters, Soba, Texture & Sable – I picked out a few favorites from my MAC palette and put them in this quad to travel with, and man was I reminded how good all these colors are! I did a 10 Top MAC Eyeshadows & Swatches post a long time ago, but that was before I added a few of these to my collection. Maybe I’ll have to do an updated post or take it one step further to the Top 5. I’m not sure I can narrow it down, there are too many good ones!
4. Maybelline Baby Lips Dr Rescue Lip Balm in Too Cool – My lips get really chapped when I fly, even though I’m careful to apply a thick balm/lip mask. So when I needed a medicated lip balm after I landed, I picked up this one. I’ll agree that this wouldn’t have been the first thing I think of when I hear “medicated lip balm,” but I tried this in the past, so I knew it was good.
5. Nails Inc. NailKale Superfood Base Coat – I know that when you see the words “Superfood Base Coat,” it’s hard not to roll your eyes- but hear me out! I don’t know what exactly it is about this stuff, but it really is great. It has antioxidants and keratin which helps to harden nails, stimulate nail growth, and it’s super nourishing so your nails won’t break or flake. It seriously delivers on all it’s claims! I especially notice that it makes my nails stronger and makes them grow faster. It’s one worth checking out if you’re in the market for a new base coat that doubles as a really great treatment.
6. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette – I packed this because it’s my favorite blush formula ever, and it’s super handy to have 3 different shades in one palette. So I did absolutely love using this last month, but I didn’t realize Hourglass is no longer selling this palette. I’m not sure if they’ll release it again, or if they stopped making it so more people would buy the Ambient EDIT palette that just came out. I’d still really recommend the whole Ambient Lighting line really.
Have you tried any of these? What have you been loving?
Happy Monday everyone!
– Deb xx