October flew by in a flash this year- the whole year has actually. It was a good month though and I tried out a fair few new items that I really enjoyed using. I love this time of year and even though we just finished Halloween, I’m already excited for Thanksgiving and the Holidays! Is it too early? I can’t help it! Here’s what I loved this past month and why:
1. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland – I had my eye on this one for quite a while. I love the coverage it gives for everyday wear and I love that it’s SPF 30. Though just an FYI for you- my Dermatologist just told me she doesn’t like products that have SPF in them because the SPF is diluted. Anyway this tinted moisturizer is super light-weight, doesn’t sink into my pores, and does an amazing job of evening out my skin-tone. I do finish with a powder, my Too Faced Primed & Poreless Powder to be exact, but that’s because I always have to, you may not need to.
2. MAC Matte Lipstick in Velvet Teddy – If you’ve been with me for a while now, you’ll know that I mentioned a few times how I don’t really wear lipstick, but I’d like to. So when I saw this shade AND that it was matte, I didn’t even hesitate picking it up. It is like the perfect color for me! It’s a gorgeous warm rosy beige with a hint of brown. It has a little sheen to it and glides on easily. It’s not drying at all and wears for about 4 hours or so on me.
3. MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose – I’ve had this for quite a while now, but just recently started using it again. It’s a pale pink color that really helps to cancel out my dark circles while brightening up my undereye area. It blends out really well and a little goes a long way. It depends on the day, but I’ll either use this under a concealer or on it’s own.
4. Benefet Rockateur Blush – This is one of my favorite blushes and I seem to always come back to it around this time of year. It’s the most beautiful rosy-gold-ish shade with a sheen, so it kind of like a blush and highlighter in one. I did a full review of this, so you can check it out here if you’re interested.
5. Tanya Burr Cosmetics Hollywood Eye Palette – This is the only thing I picked up from the new re-launch of Tanya Burr Cosmetics line. I think it’s a really nice palette. One or two of the shades are a little bit powdery, but I think they’re really pigmented and easy to blend. For only$10, it’s totally worth picking up if you like golden shades. I would have also liked to try the nail polish, but feelunique.com won’t ship that to the States.
The Tanya Burr Cosmetics are 3 for 2 right now on feelunique.com, so this palette is currently out of stock, so head over there if you have been wanting to try out some things from her line!
6. L’Oreal Power Moisture 10-Second Hydra Detangler – This is a super affordable product that does exactly what it says it will. It leaves my hair soft and only takes a second to brush through. I think I’m going to pick up another bottle to have as a backup because I could only find this at Target, so I’m not sure if that means they’re discontinuing it or what, so I highly recommend you pick it up now if you’re interested!
Have you tried any of these? What do you think?
I hope everyone has a great November!! xx